Vacancy for General Manager
Our client, a well-known Printing Press in the heart of Abuja, requires for immediate employment a confident, competent and well experienced General Manager.
POSITION – GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION – ABUJA
EMPLOYMENT TYPE – FULL TIME
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, directs, and controls activities area leads in order to meet overall departmental and plant objectives.
- Maintain optimal employee coverage while ensuring full operations in the Press Department and other sections.
- Develops and implements consistent department procedures. Communicates methods, policies, and procedures to managers and supervisors.
- Anticipates, investigates, and evaluates future process needs. Interfaces with all Management groups and others.
- Ensures the use of ethical business practices in dealing with customers, employees, vendors’ suppliers, and the community.
- Evaluates the current workflow, and creates improvements based on current needs.
- Participates in identifying continuous improvement goals in Quality, Safety, Cost Control, Scheduling, Personnel and Compliance for the organization.
- Responsible for pro-active people management. Sets the standards for performance assessment and feedback and support team effectiveness.
- Maintains quality control at a level that meets or exceeds the demands of the individual jobs.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS – Communication, leadership, strategic and tactical planning, problem solving, mentoring. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, data analysis, statistical methods. Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles and tools. Innovation, change management additional advantage.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Print Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. 10 years of experience in the printing industry is preferred (sheet fed offset press, large format digital print and mechanical bindery).
APPLICATIONS DETAILS AND DEADLINE
Forward your detailed CV with email subject “PPGM004” before 5th of November 2020 to this email: Mecerconsulting003@gmail.com.