VACANCY! Head of School- Benin
Our Client, a foremost model and technical school located in Benin, wishes to recruit the following:
Head of School
JOB TITLE: Head of School
LOCATION: Benin, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Head and manage the school
- Controls and make positive decisions for the school
- Consult the Director for possible changes
- Able to introduce new innovation to the school system
- Develop strategic management in running the affairs of the school
Creating a supportive working environment for all staff in the School and fostering their career development.
- Ensuring that staff review and development is completed in a timely manner
- Allocating duties to staff within the School and the management of staff in accordance with school policies and procedures.
- Handling grievance procedures for staff except where a grievance is against the Head of School, in which case the Director is responsible.
- Managing relevant disciplinary procedures for both staff and students. Teaching, Learning and Research
- Ensuring the effective delivery of high-quality teaching and the maintenance of academic standards.
- Promoting a culture of learning that is directed to student needs, and of teaching that is informed by the research interests of the School’s staff.
- Dealing with professional matters were relevant to the activities of disciplines and in particular, the educational requirements of professional accreditation bodies.
- Fostering the development of academic policy and initiatives within the context of the long-term strategies of the School.
- Minimum of Masters’ degree in Education or other related subject areas with 15 years teaching experience and at least 5 years as a Head of School.
- Must computer literate (at least at intermediate level)
- Must be between 40 – 45years of Age
- Proven track record of excellent leadership
- Knowledge of the value of project-based learning and coaching
- Determination to maintain excellent standards
- Robust approach to systems
- Ability to pioneer
- Commitment to engage with and serve the whole system
- The successful candidate must be a team player, who can motivate and inspire all key stakeholders. You will have high expectations for all, tenacity to drive change in a challenging environment and above all else have a good sense of humour.
- Experience in teaching the Cambridge / British Curriculum will be added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested apply by sending your application letter and details CV to:
Deadline – 5th June, 2020